Wahroonga Presbyterian Church is based in the northern suburbs of Sydney, Australia. We are opposite Wahroonga park on Illoura Avenue – about 200m from Wahroonga train station, and a 5 minute drive from Hornsby. (See here for a map)
We would love for you to join us for worship on Sunday mornings at 9:30am.
Proclaiming Christ and growing disciples for God’s glory.
Wahroonga Presbyterian Church (WPC) is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church of Australia, adhering to its doctrinal standards (Bible and Westminster Confession) and governed by elders.
- Bible Based – WPC is a reformed evangelical church. We rely on the Bible to inform all that we believe, teach and do.
- Worship – WPC worships God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as we gather together each week and in our day to day lives.
- Prayer – WPC expresses dependence on God in all things through prayer – both corporate and individual, and acknowledges that without Him, our efforts are futile.
a. Local: WPC witnesses to Jesus through word and deed to those around us.
b. Global: WPC encourages and supports people who are gifted to proclaim Jesus to all nations. We are committed to partnering with individuals/groups dedicated to this goal.
- Service and Training – WPC recognises and rejoices in the diversity of gifts and roles given by God to each person, to be used in the service of others. We recognise training as an integral part of mature service.
- Relationships – WPC promotes godly relationships that show love, care and trust among the church members.
As we grow in the love and knowledge of Christ as Lord, we believe that in the next 3-5 years we are to become a church that is:
- Developing members who can encourage and teach in order to present the gospel to others.
- Encouraging all congregational members to be involved in a Bible study group.
- Devoted to prayer.
- Enabling all members to use their God-given gifts for faithful service.
- Addressing people’s spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
- Better resourced with buildings and equipment.